Back to school checklist Charlottetown PE
St. Albert, AB
St. Catharines, ON
New Westminster, BC
St. Catharines, ON
Back to school checklist
(NC)-It's that time of year again for families and students to get prepared to head back to class. To ensure that students have everything they need for the big day; the back to school team at Canadian Tire has put together the following checklist to take them to the head of the class!
• If it's the first day of school for your little ones, take a practice walk to school a week or so in advance to make the transition easier. Familiarize your kids with the route, the school and the playground to make the first day as simple as possible.
• Help kids to develop their own list of back to school supplies. Some of the basic items include: notebooks or paper, pens, pencils, pencil crayons, ruler, eraser, glue stick, pencil case, backpack and lunch bag.
• Once the kids have compiled their list, allow them to select items on their own that reflect their interests and individual preferences. Stylish accessories and items branded with popular television characters are sure to be a hit with kids this season.
• Allow kids to choose their own special snacks for lunch and recess. There are many tasty and healthy options available to choose from. As an alternative, use the days leading up to the big day to do some homemade baking with the kids.
• Make homework as comfortable as possible for kids. Set up an area of the house with a large desk to house the family computer - look for a desk with multimedia options, such as desktop ports and power outlets for added convenience and to reduce the clutter of tangled cords at your feet. Stocking up on all of the office essentials like paper, glue and markers will help to ensure that all of the tools necessary are on-hand for last minute assignments.
• Get kids into the habit of doing homework on a regular basis and encourage them to do so by setting up a routine time to complete homework each day.