Creating a home away from home in your dorm room Saint-Jérôme QC
Creating a home away from home in your dorm room
(NC)-As students across the country prepare for another school year, Canadian Tire has the following tips to help first time students create a home away from home in their dorm room to make it a welcoming place to spend time.
• Incorporate as many personal touches from home into your space as possible: For example, make a picture collage of friends and family and choose colourful, patterned photo frames for display on your desk space or bed side table.
• Design the most comfortable space possible. Bring your favourite things and use lots of colours to make it your own. Bedding can add personality to any space and reversible comforters are a way of changing up the décor.
• Dorm room lighting isn't always optimal for studying, so ensure you bring extra desk lamps and bulbs. Lamps like the Ott-lite vision saver, duplicate natural daylight indoors, making late-night study sessions easier with less strain on eyes.
• Adding small touches can create a cozy 'at home' atmosphere. Area and circle rugs are an inexpensive way of making standard dorm rooms more comfortable and inviting.
• Check appliance regulations prior to moving in and research which small appliances such as compact refrigerators, toaster ovens and kettles available at Canadian Tire will work best for your needs. If appliances are not permitted at your dorm, ensure that you keep dry snacks, bottles of water and fruit on-hand for energy when studying or entertaining friends.
• Don't forget to pack your personal CD or MP3 player to play your favourite music when relaxing after class.