Fall into savings with energy efficient products for the home Saint John NB
Irishtown , NB
Fall into savings with energy efficient products for the home
(NC)-As the summer season comes to a close and many activities move indoors, there's no better time to begin incorporating energy-efficient products into the home. The latest green products are designed to not only help the environment, but to also help you save money. To help families cut down on utility bills this fall the energy management team at Canadian Tire has the following tips:
• CFL bulbs - One of the easiest changes homeowners can make is the switch to compact fluorescent lamps (CFL.) These bulbs last up to 10 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs, so they do not need to be replaced as often, saving money and decreasing the amount of garbage in the landfill. CFL bulbs can also result in savings of up to 78 per cent on lighting costs.
• Low flush toilets - Using a low flush toilet can save up to 10 litres of water per flush and up to 52,000 litres per year. The toilets can also help to cut your annual water bill down by $92.
• Timers - Installing timers and dimmers on your indoor and outdoor lights ensures that they won't be left on for long periods of time.
• Air leaks - As the weather turns cool, redoing the caulking and weather stripping is important in order to keep heat inside to not waste energy. Check for air leaks in walls, ceilings, around windows and doors in addition to floors and basements.
• Laundry - Run your washing machine using cold water. Not having to heat up the water will save energy, resulting in reduced utility bills.
For more information on energy management solutions for your home, visit canadiantire.ca.