Gear up for the grilling season Iqaluit NU
Niagara On the Lake, ON
Gear up for the grilling season
(NC)-With the summer barbecue season upon us, and Father's Day just around the corner, Sears Canada offers seasonal chefs advice on how to have their grill sizzling for the barbecue season.
• Size: Determine how often and how much you will be grilling. An easy way to establish a portion size is to take the palm of your hand as a good representation of an average portion of food. On average, a 400 square inch grill accommodating 8 portions is sufficient.
• BTUs: 35k to 62.5k BTUs is ideal for barbecue grilling.
• Heat Control: Choose a grill with dual heat control so that the burners are controlled separately when grilling different varieties of foods such as meat and vegetables.
• Wheels: Make sure that the wheels on your barbecue are flexible, yet sturdy enough so they do not wobble.
• Storage: Living in Canada, it is pertinent that you purchase a strong grill cover. If your region experiences extreme cold weather, ensure the grill will fit easily into your shed for storage.
Whether you are a passionate all-year round griller, or just an occasional one, now is the best time to shop around for a new gas grill. Sears offers a broad selection of gas grills like Kenmore® and Broil King®, with a wide variety of options from 44-72k BTUs, ranging from affordable to top-of-the-line. Visit your local Sears store, browse through the Sears catalogue, or visit www.sears.ca.