Hit the open road this summer: Great tips for Canadian road trips Saint-Jérôme QC
Thetford Mines, QC
Hit the open road this summer: Great tips for Canadian road trips
(NC)-The summer road trip is a Canadian tradition. Whether you're taking the classic cross-Canada trek or just a day trip to a nearby town, you'll need some preparation, a sense of adventure and most importantly - a great soundtrack. Here are some ideas to help keep your trip fun and stress-free while keeping your eyes on the road:
• Safety First. Remember to get a tune up for your vehicle so you can avoid car trouble while on holidays. Don't forget to pack an emergency road kit including blankets and water.
• Don't Rush It. Make sure that you allow enough time for impromptu detours and stops along the way. That way, an unscheduled stop at Sudbury's Giant Nickel or Drumheller's World's Largest Dinosaur won't throw off your schedule.
• Map Your Musical Road Trip. Make sure your car is hooked up with Sirius Satellite Radio so you can listen to a wide variety of commercial-free music while on the road. For fun, try matching different music genres to different parts of Canada to create your own unique Canadian soundtrack.
• Eat Locally. Instead of stopping at the nearest fast food chain when you need to take a break, try a local restaurant or diner.
• Leave the Stress at Home. Make the most of your drive time with your fellow passengers and keep topics of conversation fun and stress-free. This is your vacation, so enjoy it.
More information is available online at www.sirius.ca.