How to choose a home health-care provider Toronto ON
Mandarin Chinese, Yue Chinese (Cantonese), English, French
Monday: 09:30 - 16:00
Tuesday: 09:30 - 16:00
Wednesday: 09:30 - 18:00
Thursday: 09:30 - 16:00
Friday: 09:30 - 16:00
Saturday: 09:30 - 15:00
Monday: 08:30 - 16:30
Tuesday: 08:30 - 16:30
Wednesday: 08:30 - 16:30
Thursday: 08:30 - 16:30
Friday: 08:00 - 17:00
Monday: 09:00 - 16:30
Tuesday: 09:00 - 16:30
Wednesday: 09:00 - 16:30
Thursday: 09:00 - 16:30
Friday: 09:00 - 16:30
Monday: 09:30 - 16:30
Tuesday: 09:30 - 16:30
Wednesday: 09:30 - 16:30
Thursday: 09:30 - 17:00
Friday: 09:30 - 16:30
Saturday: 10:00 - 15:00
How to choose a home health-care provider
(NC)-Today nearly three million Canadians receive care at home - a number that will continue to climb as our population ages. Knowing what to look for and the right questions to ask are an important part of choosing the home health provider that is right for you.
"Hiring a home health care provider lets seniors who want to stay in their homes remain independent for as long as possible," says Mary Plaudis, RN and spokesperson for Bayshore Home Health. "But selecting a quality home health care provider can be confusing." Plaudis suggests you ask these questions in order to find one that's right for you:
• What kind of services do you provide?
• What type of training has your staff received?
• How do you ensure the quality of your service?
• How do you evaluate the skills of your staff?
• Do you provide a personalized care plan?
• Will you consult with my doctor?
• Will my caregiver be supervised by a nurse?
• Will you assist in investigating my home care funding options?
• Do you ensure your staff are bonded, insured and professionally licensed or certified?
You can learn more about home care online at www.bayshore.ca or toll-free at 1-866-265-1920.