It's back to school time. Show support to a teacher today Saint-Jérôme QC
It's back to school time. Show support to a teacher today
(NC)-September, historically, is the month school starts for millions of children as well as for the adults who teach them. As such, it seems only fitting to reflect on the value teachers bring to our society and our lives. And while kids may fuss about the homework given to them by their teachers, without them our children would miss out on the great importance of having an education.
In too many countries around the world, children have no classroom and can't learn basic literacy and math skills because there are simply no teachers in their communities. We, who have the privilege of accessible education can appreciate and support teachers everywhere in a number of simple ways.
As World Teacher's Day on October 5th approaches, (a day in which over 100 countries express their appreciation for teachers) take the opportunity to show support for teachers and their efforts to provide quality education for all children by:
• Writing a letter: You can write a letter to school administrators thanking or acknowledging a particular teacher and the importance of supporting teachers year round.
• Volunteering to help: Teachers appreciate your willingness to volunteer in any capacity, such as at a school open house or field trip.
• Investing in a teacher: Support organizations like Christian Children's Fund of Canada (www.ccfcanada.ca) that train and equip individuals to become teachers in developing countries. When teachers provide an education to children it helps break the cycle of extreme poverty for the children, their families and communities.
• Getting your child involved: Any teacher would love to receive a note from your child letting them know of all the reasons why he or she is their favourite teacher.
• Proposing an awards ceremony: Suggest your child's school hold award ceremonies for teachers with award categories such as "most inspirational teacher". Showing one's gratitude in public undoubtedly demonstrates the importance of a teacher's role.