Kitchen Party: Make your kitchen conducive to entertaining Iqaluit NU
North York, ON
Kitchen Party: Make your kitchen conducive to entertaining
A pot filler adds functionality and style to the kitchen, making it perfect for entertaining.
(NC)-As Canadians, getting together with family and friends has always been one of our favourite pastimes. Rather than venturing out, we are increasingly staying in to entertain at home, but not in the same way we used to.
"The trend in entertaining has shifted from stodgy sit-down dinners to relaxed and casual parties," says Anita Griffin, Canadian brand manager for Brizo Faucet. "People tend to gather in the kitchen to mingle with the hosts while they finish preparing the meal. As a result, more and more Canadians are looking to create kitchens that reflect this relaxed entertaining style."
If you're planning a renovation or just looking to make a few small changes, here are some tips for creating a kitchen that's perfect for entertaining:
• Seating: Traditional table and chairs are great, but consider adding other casual seating like high bar stools.
• Functional water stations: When designing your kitchen, look at ways to make preparing meals during busy times more efficient. A pot filler faucet - which can be mounted on the back wall or on the counter - is ideal near the stove. With a higher water flow rate, a pot filler will get the water into a pot quickly and will ensure you aren't moving around the kitchen with heavy pots.
• Set the mood: Lighting is a great way to achieve ambience. Consider different lighting options throughout the kitchen, such as pot lights or a beautiful chandelier.
• Add style and functionality: A faucet is one of the most used appliances in the home, particularly when preparing for a party. When choosing your faucet, consider one that has touch sensors to turn it on and off, or better yet, hands-free capability, such as the stylish Pascal Kitchen Faucet by Brizo. This highly efficient faucet not only saves water, but you'll be able to keep the conversation going without missing a beat.
• Layout is key: Think about adding an island: it's a great place for guests to congregate and gives additional counter space for preparation. Take it a step further by adding a sink to the island - this will help keep you focused on your guests while still getting the food prepared.
For great kitchen ideas, visit brizo.com.