Money Management Yellowknife NT
Branch with ABM
Hay River, NT
Monday: 09:30 - 16:00
Tuesday: 09:30 - 16:00
Wednesday: 09:30 - 16:00
Thursday: 09:30 - 16:00
Friday: 09:30 - 17:00
Monday: 09:00 - 16:00
Tuesday: 09:00 - 16:00
Wednesday: 09:00 - 16:00
Thursday: 09:00 - 16:00
Friday: 09:00 - 17:30
Fort Smith, NT
Branch with ABM
(NC)-You know you should be saving money, but are you really? Or maybe you're trying to save, but every month, it seems that you end up with just enough money to pay the bills. Could you be sabotaging your attempts at saving because of your money management skills?
Maybe you are not as savvy with your money as you would like to be, but the bottom line is that no one but yourself can put money aside for you. Read the following scenarios and find out if you should modify your financial habits. Circle the answer that matches how you handle your money.
• You leave the house for a night on the town but realize you have no cash on you, so you use the automatic banking machine on site, even if it means paying extra fees. Yes or No.
• You recently used your credit card to make a large purchase, even though you knew you wouldn't be able to pay it in full this month. Yes or No.
• You're using the first (and only) bank account you ever opened… over 20 years ago! Yes or No.
• You put your saving money aside into your chequing account every month. Yes or No.
• You always pay your credit card balance on time, so you don't bother shopping around for a more suitable card. Yes or No.
If you answered yes to only 1 or 2 of the scenarios above, you seem to know the basics when it comes to managing money. Even so, you should refresh your memory with up-to-date information about banking packages and credit cards to make sure you are getting a good deal.
If you answered yes to 3 statements, you are a little out of touch when it comes to managing money. Face it: by changing a couple of habits, you could end up saving big bucks! You would definitely benefit from learning more about the real costs of banking.
If you recognized yourself in 4 or all of the scenarios written above, you need help. Go back to the basics and give yourself a thorough financial makeover. Read about banking, research your options and change your habits.
Things change fast in the financial world. Options multiply, and conditions can change along with your personal situation and needs. It's not necessarily your fault if you are in the dark when it comes to managing your finances, but it is your responsibility. So be sure to brush up on your money skills and avoid making the usual mistakes that keep you from finding financial balance.
Check out some free and objective financial information by the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), a federal Government Agency that makes it easy to learn about the basics of personal finances. Visit their website at moneytools.ca or call the Agency, toll-free at 1-866-461-3222 (toll-free TTY number: 1-866-914-6097) if you have questions regarding financial products and services.