Prepare your financial house as economy slows Iqaluit NU
Prepare your financial house as economy slows
(NC)-It's always a good idea to regularly take stock of your financial state of affairs. But with economic signs flashing yellow these days, getting better acquainted with your personal balance sheet may not be enough to protect you from future financial problems.
There are several steps you can take now to tighten your fiscal belt in the event you are personally affected by an unfortunate event such as a sudden job loss, or a work related disability.
• Start by monitoring your spending habits
- Cut back on unnecessary expenses. Simple things like buying coffee and lunches every day can add up to thousands of dollars every year.
• Be ready for the unexpected by insuring loans, mortgages and credit cards
- Insurance products on personal loans, credit cards and mortgages, such as LoanProtector®, BalanceProtector®, or HomeProtector® from RBC Royal Bank, can help protect you in case you're unable to make the monthly payments.
• Pay off your credit cards with the highest interest rate first
- This can save you hundreds of dollars a year. Or, transfer high interest credit card balances to a card with a lower rate. Speak to your credit card company about getting a lower interest rate card.
• Check into refinancing loans at a new lower rate
- Take advantage of lower rates by renegotiating existing loans. This could save you thousands of dollars.
• Check your credit report regularly
- A simple mistake on your credit report could result in denial of a loan or mortgage - just when you might need it the most.
For more information, visit: http://www.rbcinsurance.com/insurance needs/