Preventing Golf Injuries Abbotsford BC
Preventing Golf Injuries
(NC)-Considering the number of times a swing is repeated during a game of golf, it is not surprising that the season often ends early for those who are not physically prepared. In order to prevent injuries, your golf-training program should include stretching, endurance, balance and speed.
The following simple tips can also help to improve your golf score while keeping you pain and injury free.
1. When lifting your golf bag, bend your knees and lift using your legs and not your back.
2. Always warm up with a few minutes of aerobic activity, such as brisk walking.
3. Stretch the muscles in your back, abdomen and shoulders before your game.
4. Use clubs that are the correct length, so you do not have to bend or overextend your back.
5. Wear soft spikes on your shoes for greater cushioning and shock absorption.
6. Use a cart rather than carrying your clubs.
7. Take some lessons on how to swing and choose the correct club.
8. Occasionally practice swinging in the opposite direction to balance the stress on the muscles in your back.
9. Bend your knees and use a golf club for support when stooping to retrieve your ball.
10. Always stretch to cool down after finishing a game.
If you experience pain during or following your game, be sure to contact a chiropractor immediately. Treatment of injuries is usually most effective during the acute stage. The longer an injury is allowed to linger, the more difficult and lengthy the healing process may be.
Chiropractors are experts in back, muscle and joint pain and are specifically trained to diagnose and effectively treat them. They can also provide advice and exercises to stretch and strengthen muscles so you can play through that back nine, free of pain and injury. More information and assistance finding a chiropractor can be found online at www.albertachiro.com.
- News Canada