Principles Of Natural Health Regina SK
Principles Of Natural Health
Investing In Your Health
Obesity is a mounting health problem locally and worldwide. More than 1 billion adults globally are overweight, and at least 300 million are obese, according to the World Health Organization.
Obesity not only takes a toll on personal health, it can inflict a huge monetary cost on individuals as well as the economy in general. Fortunately, a sustained 10 percent weight loss may reduce an overweight person's lifetime medical costs by $2,200 to $5,300 by lowering costs related to hypertension and high cholesterol, among many other related illnesses.
Here are Weight Watchers’ 10 tips for a healthy life:
- Look for low-calorie substitutions that don't sacrifice taste. For example, switching from mayo to mustard can add to big calorie savings over time.
- Losing weight with a friend or group of friends really helps with weight-loss success.
- Ounce for ounce, the nutrition in fruits and vegetables can't be beat. To get the best blend of nutrients, include as many colors as possible.
- Put a napkin over your plate as soon as you're satisfied -- it's like turning off a light switch.
- Purge unhealthy food from your pantry, freezer and fridge.
- Make physical activity as convenient as possible. Keep your sneakers and jacket ready and nearby for short, frequent walks.
- Try creating a new favorite dish. Visit www.weightwatchers.com for delicious recipe ideas.
- Wear something you feel fabulous in -- a compliment goes a long way in sustaining motivation.
- Set new goals to keep yourself motivated. Goals do not have to be weight related.
- Know what you're doing. Write down what you're eating each and every day to keep you on target.
Stay safe when hitting the slopes
- Get in shape. Don't try to ski yourself into shape. You'll enjoy skiing more if you're physically fit.
- Obtain proper equipment. Be sure to have your ski or snowboard bindings adjusted correctly at a local ski shop.
- When buying skiwear, look for fabric that is water and wind resistant. Dress in layers. Layering allows you to accommodate your body's constantly changing temperature.
- Be prepared. Bring a headband or hat with you to the slopes; 60 percent of heat-loss is through the head. Wear gloves or mittens to protect yourself from frostbite.
-- National Ski Areas Association
Did You Know?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said the flu medicine Tamiflu might not work against all cases of the flu this year.
Help meet daily nutritional guidelines by fitting in fiber -- and a little goes a long way.
- Love sweetening a cup of morning coffee? Switch to Splenda No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber for the same great taste with a little boost of fiber.
- Need help dealing with the midday munchies? A high-fiber, high-protein afternoon snack such as whole wheat crackers or an apple with peanut butter is a healthy choice.
- Fill up on a main course of chicken, turkey or fish and as many fiber-rich vegetables as will fit on the plate.
- Fresh fruit is a great choice for a sweet treat because it is not only sweet, but also filled with fiber to keep people feeling full.
Number to Know: 38
Percent of adults in the U.S. who use some form of complementary and alternative medicine, according to a survey of more than 23,000 people. – National Institutes of Health
Sleep terrors, or night terrors, may be hereditary, according to a new study.
Researchers studied 390 pairs of identical and fraternal twins from birth, and found that 36.9 percent of the twins had sleep terrors at 18 months, and 19.7 percent at 30 months. The results strongly support a hereditary link for sleep terrors, although no specific genes related to sleep terrors were identified.
The study authors recommend larger research efforts to more definitively discern the relationship between genes, heredity and sleep terrors.
-- American Academy of Pediatrics
Seniors diagnosed with early stage dementia can slow their physical, mental and psychological decline by taking part in therapeutic programs that combine counseling, support groups, Taiji and qigong, researchers report.
In the study, 24 people with early stage dementia participated in an intensive 40-week program. The intervention included biweekly sessions of cognitive behavioral therapy and support groups, along with three sessions per week of traditional Chinese martial arts exercises and meditation.
Researchers are discovering that multi-discliplinary approaches – those that address patients' physical, mental and psychological dimensions – show the most promise in treating people with dementia.
-- American Journal of Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias
GateHouse News Service
Principles Of Natural Health
Natural health can be maintained and retained if we follow some common basic principles of natural health. These basic principles aren t difficult or cumbersome to follow but they require a strong will power and a keen desire to stay close to nature. These simple principles must be adopted before our body looses its status of being healthy. If we cannot follow these most common simple principles of natural health care now, then it would not be possible for us in future especially when some serious illness overtakes our healthy body system.
Our modern lifestyle today is one of the biggest enemy of our health and natural body system. Today we have developed a social structure which is unhealthy not only for the society but also for natural health of our body system. Here are three common well known principles of natural health which are seldom followed today, but this doesn t mean these principles don t stand today or they have been abandoned by our body.
Disturbed Natural Sleeping Pattern : A naturally sound sleep as per law of nature provides a number of positive health benefits to our body. We cannot count these but it works on complexion and beauty, energy and vitality, mental health and relaxation, improving appetite and digestion, overall health and happiness to name a few. Clock of our body system is naturally configured with nature s natural clock i.e., at night our body tends to rest or sleep and in day after sunrise it is configured to work or do its job. Today our unhealthy lifestyle tends to artificially reconfigure this natural clock. Our modern habits and unnatural sleeping patterns are responsible for a number of modern health problems. Today we work when its natural for our body to sleep or rest and we sleep or rest when it natural time to work.
Unnatural and unhealthy eating patterns: Our eating habits have also changed with time. I ll not be discussing poor nutrition and poor and unhealthy quality of food that we have in this. Today we eat as and when we have time or wish to eat. We eat food without a natural urge or appetite for eating. Even if the quality of food that we eat is best and organically produced, requirements of our body today due to modern lifestyle are not the same as they used to be some times back. Today eating more doesn t mean getting healthier but its just opposite. Today we provide our body engine with fuel at a time when it is not asking for it and the fuel that we provide our body system today is not the right fuel for the health of our body system. This is like feeding a petrol engine with coal. Thanks God that our body system is not an ordinary machine but a wonderful machine.
Unnatural overprotection and over comfort: Today we protect ourselves not only from nature but also from the society and social activities unnaturally. We exceed our comfort level from natural to unnatural, the level of comfort that we enjoy today is actually uncomfortable for our body system to work in. This healthy looking and good feeling overprotection has led to under protection of our natural body system. We are forcing our body to work in dual mode. Sometimes we want our body system to work naturally when we move outside our overprotection comfort cover and otherwise when we stay within our over protected comfort zone we want it to work unnaturally to fit requirements of the artificial environment. This may look lighter but it has a serious consequence on our body s natural health system. Today our body begs us to leave dependence on its natural resistance power and seek modern medical help time and again which gives right treatment not only to our body system but also to the soul who is actually responsible for this under protected overprotection.
These three points on simple principles of natural health discussed here show how we have ourselves willingly compromised simple principles of natural health with unprincipled complexities of modern health problems.
Natural Health is an issue of prime importance today. Our website on natural health care looks into these and provides a glimpse of natural solution to natural health problems. http://www.healthyganoderma.com/natural-health-care
Click here for more articles from ZingArticles.com