Responsible Construction Ask for concrete when building your home Whitehorse YT
Responsible Construction Ask for concrete when building your home
By J. C. Carroll
(NC)-Concrete is king today in the more eco-conscious construction world. For example, an all-Canadian building system is now delivering double the insulation by constructing walls, ceilings and floors with pre-assembled, interlocking concrete forms.
This award-winning system by Nudura Corporation creates an entire, energy-efficient building envelope. It is reported to make the job much faster with less construction waste-and unlike wood structures, the concrete forms do not propagate mould growth.
In addition to energy savings of up to 70 percent, take a look at these other benefits reported by Nudura. With this concrete system, you'll get a home that is:
• Up to 2x more energy efficient - with technology that evens out the effect of external temperature swings.
• Up to 3x more sound resistant. Its double-side EPS panels and insulated concrete core acts as an effective sound barrier.
• Up to 4x more fire resistant since the walls are built with steel reinforced concrete and foam that is manufactured with a non-toxic fire retardant.
• Up to 9x stronger because they allow nine times more axial load resistance, a superior feature in high-wind, tornado, or hurricane areas.
• Resistant to thermal bridging, where outside cold travels easily through walls to create uncomfortable cold spots, drafts, and mustiness inside the home.