SMBs with Big Plans Saint John NB
Saint John, NB
SMBs with Big Plans
(NC)-To be competitive in today's economy, more and more Canadian business owners are realizing they need to stay focused on strategic growth and building core products and services, not administrative tasks like payroll.
"Outsourcing back-office processes can be an effective way to free your time and focus on your business' success, but it's critical to find the right provider," said Angela Haier, vice president of ADP Canada. "We created the Small Business Guide to Outsourcing to help entrepreneurs find that perfect fit."
ADP Canada, a leading provider of services such as payroll, HR administration and time and attendance management, offers five steps to help you find the right company to alleviate your administrative headaches:
1. Do your homework. Make sure that your provider's business is strong enough to last. Do they have a proven track record in your field and industry? Ask for references and by all means, check them.
2. One voice keeps it simple. Communication is key - especially when a third party is handling some of your responsibilities. Give your outsourcing provider one main day-to-day contact who is involved in the appropriate business functions, such as HR and payroll, but also senior enough to make strategic and budgetary decisions.
3. Read the fine print. Read the contract thoroughly to ensure that you understand your responsibilities and those of your provider.
4. Be honest and thorough. Keep your outsourcing provider informed on developments in your payroll and HR department to ensure they understand your business and can recommend the correct mix of products and services.
5. Plan together and plan ahead. Working hand-in-hand from the start will ensure your working relationship gets off on the right foot, generating better results. Look three to five years ahead in your business plan and choose an outsourcing provider who can grow and change with you.
More information is available at www.adp.ca/guide.
- News Canada