Shuttle Driver Charlottetown PE
From Automotive Retailing Today...
A shuttle driver picks up customers from their homes or offices while their vehicles are being serviced.
As with all positions within dealerships, shuttle drivers are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
The duties of a shuttle driver include:
- Shuttling customers to their homes, places of business or a designated spot such as a mass transit stop, and picking them up after their vehicle is serviced in a timely manner.
- Using good judgment and safe driving skills while being courteous to customers.
- Communicating with the dealership or other shuttle vehicles to report any problems or delays.
- Documenting trips, including names of passengers and destination or pick-up point.
- Maintaining the vehicle's appearance and notifying the manager if the vehicle requires servicing.
One year of work experience, including at least six months of operating vehicles to transport passengers, or materials is recommended. The shuttle driver must have a driver's license as well as a clean driving record.
Shuttle drivers also should have good communication skills and be well-mannered.
People working within the automotive retail industry often have to work extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve their goals.
High school diploma or equivalent is recommended.
Shuttle drivers may advance through the dealership with proper training.
The average annual earnings of shuttle drivers are approximately $20,000 to $30,000. Earnings vary depending on experience, and the dealer's geographic location and size.
Please click here for more information about average salaries.
Benefits vary by employer, but most dealerships offer on site training, health insurance, retirement plans, and other benefit options. Talk with the specific dealer human resource manager about benefit packages.