Spring Interior Design Tips Saint John NB
Saint John, NB
Spring Interior Design Tips
- Spring Colours
Spring is in the air! Doesn't it feel good! I love it when the world comes back to life, full of new possibilities and so many new beginnings. I always seem to have an abundance of energy this time of year, which is good, because I also seem to have an equally enthusiastic to-do list: cleaning, painting, organizing, rearranging the furniture, and re-accessorizing.
Spring décor can best be described as: fresh, vibrant, and crisp. This is the perfect week to paint a room or a few walls. Throw open the windows and add a little colour to your rooms; after all, colour is your least expensive and most effective decorating tool!
- Trendy homes this spring will be infusing their space with cutting edge greens, such as citron, lime, pea, and even Kelly. Paired with black and white, the richer greens are especially cutting edge.
- If you have a neutral home, with lots of creams and whites, try citron, and chartreuse, metallic silver and handsome browns (hardwood floors).
- Tangerine paired with copper and natural stone is also hot, hot, hot!
- Pink paired with chocolate brown is exotic and sexy.
- Rich purples are also incredibly regal for spring when paired with browns, blacks, bronze and even charcoal.
While you have on the painting clothes, update an old chair, a mirror or picture frame or even a pair of candle sticks. If you have a traditional mirror frame or wooden chair (if you don’t have one, visit a few garage sales on the weekend, you will undoubtedly have no problems tracking one or two down), spray paint it with a glossly black, white, red or even lime green. Voila! One of this seasons trendiest items for less than $10.
- Silver or crisp white or punchy coloured glass - spring needs naturals so dig out the vases and bowls and fill them with fresh cut flowers and twigs (twigs and pussy willows look perfect alone in a vase for spring). A bowl of green moss or lemons would also looks fresh and fabulous.
- Crisp green apples, lemons and limes are all fabulous spring fruit and should be found lined up on a lineal plate or tossed into an over-sized glass urn or vessel. Faux or real, they make a great addition to spring rooms.
- On the sofa, pack away the heavy winter blankets and throw cushions and refresh them with white linen throws and toss cushions in a new spring colour.
- Set a stack of gardening books on the coffee table and replace any photos or winter art with spring and summer inspirations.
- Perhaps you can even add a few shells to an end table or arrange them in a pretty bowl.
- Next, go shopping and treat yourself to wonderful light scents, that are perfect for spring, such as jasmine.
This is the week to give your home a spring makeover so "spring" into action! Need a local, pre-screened Interior Decorator to help you "spring" into action? Find them on casaGURU.