Summer road trip preparation Abbotsford BC
New Westminster, BC
Port Moody, BC
Pitt Meadows, BC
New Westminster, BC
Prince Rupert, BC
Summer road trip preparation
(NC)-To ensure that the long awaited summer road trip is as smooth and enjoyable for the entire family, the automotive team at Canadian Tire has put together for following steps to prepare for a trip to remember.
• Take your vehicle for a professional summer tune-up that includes an oil change, oil and air filter inspection, fluid and brake check.
• Don't forget about the tires. Proper tire inflation can save up to two weeks worth of gas each year, so ensure the tire pressure is checked.
• Start the trip off right by treating your vehicle to a pre-trip premium wash such as the Simoniz Car Wash. Some of the features of this premium wash include foaming polish, underspray, rust inhibitor and clear coat protection.
• If you are planning on being on the road frequently this summer season, you may want to consider applying for a credit card that will provide meaningful savings. The Gas Advantage MasterCard enables you to earn points anywhere you use the card in the world and then use the points for gas.
• When planning your road trip take advantage of online resources and check out potential destinations where you would like to visit. Many destinations will have a comments section where you can read the experiences of other families.
• Research and choose a roadside assistance plan that includes services that are right for you. Consider the Canadian Tire Roadside Assistance, where all plans include 24/7 roadside assistance across Canada & United States, battery boosts, fuel delivery, lock-out service, flat tire change as well as accident towing and trip accident assistance and more
• To help to keep the kids entertained and happy during the road trip consider purchasing an in-car entertainment system. Available at Canadian Tire is the Venturer Dual Screen In-Car DVD System with dual screens, making viewing easy for all passengers.
• For longer trips, a stop to stretch the legs and get a breath of fresh air will help to break up the trip. Pack some balls and games for the park to keep kids entertained. A car organizer that fits into the hatchback or trunk of the car will keep cars clutter-free and provide an easy way to transport items to and from the vehicle.